Sunday, October 10, 2010

Road Trip to Mission


It was a beautiful day, and Janet and I were just returning from a scouting trip of Mission. We had found two areas there that seemed perfect as a place for us to live, so we were quite excited about the prospect. Much of the housing is on the mountainside overlooking the Fraser river, so we'll be looking forward to choosing just the right home. The area is dotted with fishing lakes and there are many trails for hiking, as well as lots of country roads for Sunday afternoon meanders.

There was a lot of traffic behind us when I spotted this barn and expressed that it would be a great first picture for my "Picture A Day" project,  I would have driven on but Janet, with her usual wisdom, insisted that I stop and take the picture if I wanted to that badly. So I pulled over in heavy traffic onto the shoulder of the road and got this. It's an amateurish attempt, but it's mine, and I hope to look back on it with fondness some day.

This was a great day!